Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Followers of Palawa Forum Index -> Fan Story Lines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lavat Coutier

re: An Ant Among Beasts

An Ant Among Beasts

Keeping my head below the foliage, I hold my breath and wait. The other troopers with me are much more calm and ready for this ambush. Hell, of all the groups in the Alliance, I happen to be picked up by a group of Special Ops, and ran into three who happened to be in the Special Forces, 2nd Regiment. I am completely out of my league here, I'm just a simple Trooper to them . Despite, they handed me a weapon, and told me that I will participate in this fight. What luck I have.

Telling the difference between the Spec Ops and Spec Fo was simple enough, the Spec Fo were all wearing helmets in this case, more or less seeming to be much more prepared for this fight. One of them shuffled his way over to me, making sure he didn't stand above our cover, "How are you holding up?" he asked me. All of the training and qualifications they have, and "Nervous" was the only word I could mutter. I sound pathetic. "You're honest, that's good. Look, it's really simple in the end. Stay cold, remember your combat breathing, focus on your crosshairs and then you'll be as good as any of these Spec Ops." The squad all turned towards the commando and glare. I'm sure they know how useless I feel I am. Oh, he's quite full of himself. "Now if you remember that your weapons will fail eventually, belief in luck with kill you, and that the force guiding you is also a huge lie, then you'll have a shot at being one of us." That's the stereotypical Spec Fo Trooper. They have all of this extra training, sure, one blaster can kill anyone but they tend to survive suicidal missions much more often.

We hear footsteps, and everyone is silent as fog. All of their concentration focused on the surroundings and the direction of the footsteps in crescendo. If I could have seen what we were about to fight an hour ago, I would have ran. Sith, a good many of them walking not even thirty meters in front of us. Capes, armor, helmets, human, zabrak, twi'lek, all the different combinations of races and colors. The commando laying next to me raised a hand, with two fingers pointing towards this patrol, he waved his hand. But, his hand was odd, the armor on his left hand looked much thicker, not giving a lot of mobility with it but still able to hold a weapon. the Ops members took out charges and press their buttons, all Troopers immediately stand up as clusters of explosions covered the sith in debris and dirt as shrapnel scattered all around. The lights of blasters showered off into the dust as the Troopers took cover behind trees.

All I could see were beams of red light as the dust settled. Everyone around me remained hidden behind trees, rocks, bushes, anything the impair the view of the dust cloud, their eyes deadlocked on the dust cloud to assess and confirm the kills as we waited. All those explosion, all the blaster fire, and only three lay dead. A few are injured, but still standing with frustration clearly on their faces. A few of the sith made a force shield large enough that it covered all of them. But one, sitting on the ground, uninjured, quivers. Seeing this one, I think we have a chance. I unhinge a grenade and throw it to the crowd. A large Sith looks down at the scared one, "Useless!" he shouts, grabbing the young Sith and tossing him on top of my grenade as it detonates. A blast bursts behind me and an orange beam screeches around me, piercing through the shield and melting the gritting teeth of a Sith, she fell on the spot. All at once the Troopers as well as the Sith all move and fight.

All I could do is watch. A league of Sith, lightning sprouting from their fingers, their red weapons and bodies wildly moving. The Troopers, all Commandos and Spec Ops. Blaster fire, weapon strikes, tucking and rolling, explosions going off every few moments and comm channels full of shouting and orders. Then there is me. A simple Trooper who hasn't been through any of that training. Seeing this fight, it's making me excited, I feel a rush as I point my weapon and charge. In front of me, an Operative is struck by lightning falling to his knees and the Sith raising his saber for a fatal strike. I see a red beam of light spiraling at me, cleanly moving towards my neck.

I kneel, my non-firing hand resting on my knee as I fire a burst at the Sith, I hear the saber hum over and past my head, and my target takes many hits before collapsing. I look back to see another Sith as he falls dead, another moment and I would have been dead too. Amazing the awareness these Spec Ops and Spec Fo even in the midst of this fight. An explosing roars in front of me, launching me on my back. If I paid attention in that moment, then I would have seen it. A bounty hunter; hovering above me. He points his arm at me and a small explosion bursts from his wrists. I see a smoke trail flinging towards me; It's coming at me too fast, but I see a large mass move in front of me before hearing another large explosion, the massive figure only staggers two steps back and remains strong. It is one of the Commandos.

The massive figure kneeled down, firing continuously at the Bounty Hunter. I wasn't thinking, I couldn't budge myself. His body moved a little and I hear a loud, monstrous command, "Move!" It was quick and to the point and all I do is stumble and mis-step, afraid to be out in the open like this, intimidated by the commando right in front of me. He's risking a lot being out here. No cover, no places to hide, he took a missile and became the most vulnerable target just to try and help a regular trooper who couldn't get his bearing to stand the hell up.

To my left, a Sith charged right at him. At twenty meters away he lunged himself, lightsaber first right at the Commando, but this Commando saw him coming. Taking a few steps towards the flying Sith, the Commando struck his opponent with the stock end of his weapon, using his momentum to slam him on the ground before blasting a number of shots into his chest. Lightning seared above me striking the Commando. Another Sith, maintaining the stream of lightning as he threw his saber. I could feel the beam's heat and time seemed to slow. The Commando resisted, he forced his body to move breaking the lightning and ducked under the saber, raising his weapon a wire wrapped around his neck. A sudden jolt pulled him, the line, attached to the Bounty Hunter in the air.

I managed to get myself off the ground and ran frantically towards the Spec Ops Sniper. Looking back at the Commando, I see him dragging across the ground, struggling with the wire with his free hand. The bounty hunter slammed his body onto a rock, bouncing the Commando into the air as the Hunter's jetpack roared. Carrying the Commando by the thin line. The Bounty Hunter was far off. I had to find that sniper.

I managed to get behind a rock, seeing the Spec Ops Sniper. Staying low, I moved towards him, tapping him on the shoulder I pointed in the distance. The bounty hunter hovered, the Commando dangling from the line as some shots were fired on his armor. The Sniper pointed his weapon, and shot a single round. The blast whizzed by the Bounty Hunter in front of his helmet. Hell, the only thing I'm certain of is that scared him. The jetpack ignited and he began to fly off again, turning sharply, he slammed the Commando into a tree, impacting him so hard that I could faintly hear it from as far as I was.

The Bounty Hunter started flying towards us, I could see the Commando releasing the wire, and raising his arm as a switchblade folded out. He cut the wire with a clean swipe, falling about ten meters before bouncing and rolling on the thick grass. This had an effect on the Bounty Hunter, flying a bit out of control upward. The distraction gave the Sniper another shot, his weapon roared as I saw the orange light pierce into the chest of the Bounty Hunter, and seeing his jetpack explode.

I looked back at the Commando, on all fours, looking out into the field, he struggled as he got himself on his knees. He raised his weapon and fired at a Sith who was walking towards him. The same Sith that threw the little kid on top of my grenade. The Commando's weapon flew from his hands and to the hand of the Sith, tossing it aside. His hand smoothly moved, the Commando launched away, slammed against another tree. When the Sith charged at a blinding speed. Lightsaber pointed at the Commando

In that instant, the Commando moved. In a blink of an eye, the Sith's saber pierced the thick trunk, and a switchblade protruded from his back. The Sith screams. Not in pain, but rage. With one hand, he hoists the Commando away, landing back on the ground. With a warcry, the Sith jumped in the air striking down at his opponent. The thick glove of the Commando grabbed the Lightsaber stricking down at him and moved it out of the way, puncturing the ground next to his head. He pushed against the Sith's chest as the man screamed, spewing blood directly on the Commando's helmet. An explosion bolted from the Sith, his body plumped onto the ground, lifeless. The Commando planted a grenade on his chest, blasting both of them. I could hear the blasters easing off and Spec Ops and Spec Fo casually walking back towards our drop point.

"Is it over?" I asked the Sniper. "Yea, they're all dead now. You can relax." My head bolted towards the direction of the Commando, seeing him agonizing as he stood up. Standing, after all of that. Another Commando took one of his arms around her shoulder, her other hand around his waist as she walked with him. This Commando I've been watching, his armored is seared from the grenade, dark spots from the Bounty Hunter, cracks and tears in the armor. The female Commando set him down next to me as she walked off. "I'm surprised you're alright." I said. The Commando switched some knobs on his helmet, I hear the hiss as his helmet loosens.

"I'm not alright...not at all." he says, I couldn't see his face before but that statement is far from how bad he is. "How many casualties was that?" He shouted. The Commando's dark skin and somewhat long black hair was met with his square jaw and creased forehead. He appeared to be in his mid 30's. "Seven, two dead." came a voice, drop ships came down and landed. The Four injured Spec Ops and an injured Commando got on one of the drop ships. The two body bags loaded on the second. The man next to me struggled to stand up. "You better make that eight." He limped towards the drop ships. It is then that adrenaline stops flowing and I am able to reflect on what happened. Well, this is the end of time here. "You." he said, pointing at me with all five of his fingers, "Come on, it's time to get you back to base."

I wait until the ship is out of orbit and on a smooth ride before I decide to talk. This Commando's armor removed, I am only amazed at his body. Tall for a human, he has very defined muscles. Perhaps too much, bulging out so far that it seemed unnatural. I'm quite sure no woman would find this much of a build attractive. There was many layers of bandaged on his wounds with bacta seeping out of them. "Sorry." The first words I mutter. "You're fortunate to be in our company in the fight." He tells me, "Fortunate that I'm the one bold enough to rush into the middle like that to get you the hell out." That made me a little curious, "Why did you rush out there? Why not let me die?" it's not like I was of any real value in that fight. "I can take a beating, one of the benefits of a body like this." I lower my head. If things had not happened as they were, he could have died in three or four different ways. But everything that did happen seemed precise enough. Not like luck had anything to do with the results: the missile, the blasts, the blade, the quick movements, the bomb. Reflecting on it, he knew how to move and how much damage his armor could take. Higher level training I guess.

"If you have any clue on that little skirmish, don't ever roam into the middle of an open field again. You're not any help if you're dead and Sith love a weak target" I nod. There's no way to argue that, I guess. I look back down the hall to the Commando's armor. On them, I see a name: Lianso Xalrich.

Last edited by Lavat Coutier on Oct. 21st, 2011 8:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
Lavat Coutier

I took all 6 parts from earlier and made it all into the single post up top. Enjoy the color coded madness.

Last edited by Lavat Coutier on Oct. 21st, 2011 8:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lavat Coutier

re: OOC

OOC: (( Only after reading through these two posts do I realize that I am constantly repeating the same words and having some grammar issues. ))
Dalthiel Atou
Teras Kasi Palawan

Awarded:

OOC: (( But it was a good read anyway. Happy We just finished a Republic RP story in the forums recently. There's an Empire RP story is you want to join. ))

Master of the Forum

Dalthiel Atou wrote:
OOC: (( But it was a good read anyway. Happy We just finished a Republic RP story in the forums recently. There's an Empire RP story is you want to join. ))

{OCC} Indeed very good. Depending on the amount of those interested I might need to make another simulation.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum