Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Followers of Palawa Forum Index -> The Mind Meld Podcasts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyӓndǟs
Grand Master
Master of the Forum

re: Episode 11: Singing Nick

Episode 11: Singing Nick

Part I

Part II

Last edited by Kyӓndǟs on Oct. 7th, 2011 10:52 am; edited 2 times in total

Awarded:

good episode.

I also believe that I've heard that the Jedi Shadow can be a sort of evasive- tank. Actually I just found this again...the link to the Consular tank is here: http://www.swtor.com/news/blog/20110408. Scroll down to the class descriptions. So it is official, it's not just a rumor...the Shadow can tank.

I think that's awesome. Unlike the Jedi Guardian, I believe the consular will tank by absorbing damage through the force...like what Satele Shan did with Malgus' lightsaber in the HOPE trailer--like a type of BURST tanking. While the Jedi guardian will be passive. The Consular will instead really on the force for limited burst of tanking.

I think it will be akin to, Master Speed (from KOTOR 1 & 2):

Prerequisites: Character Level 15
Description:This power allows a Jedi to move with such speed that, for the duration of the effect (36 seconds), movement speed is doubled, Defense is increased by 4, and 2 attacks per round are gained.

Unfortunately...it required someone strong in the force to sustain it for long periods of time. AND it was restricted by armor. I see the Jedi Shadow having a similar move.

Sounds like a good topic next week wink

Master of the Forum

Dalthiel Atou wrote:
good episode.

I also believe that I've heard that the Jedi Shadow can be a sort of evasive- tank. Actually I just found this again...the link to the Consular tank is here: http://www.swtor.com/news/blog/20110408. Scroll down to the class descriptions. So it is official, it's not just a rumor...the Shadow can tank.

I think that's awesome. Unlike the Jedi Guardian, I believe the consular will tank by absorbing damage through the force...like what Satele Shan did with Malgus' lightsaber in the HOPE trailer--like a type of BURST tanking. While the Jedi guardian will be passive. The Consular will instead really on the force for limited burst of tanking.

I think it will be akin to, Master Speed (from KOTOR 1 & 2):

Prerequisites: Character Level 15
Description:This power allows a Jedi to move with such speed that, for the duration of the effect (36 seconds), movement speed is doubled, Defense is increased by 4, and 2 attacks per round are gained.

Unfortunately...it required someone strong in the force to sustain it for long periods of time. AND it was restricted by armor. I see the Jedi Shadow having a similar move.

Sounds like a good topic next week wink

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. How did you find the music set up and the way we framed the whole show?

I am glad the Consular can Tank, although, once again Bioware supports Class Specific Guilds.

Council Member

Awarded:

By the way, Qyzen is not a ranged DPS companion. According to the beta companion list, he is slated to be the opposite - a melee tank. I know all the screenshots of him with a ranged weapon are confusing.

Minkin92 wrote:
By the way, Qyzen is not a ranged DPS companion. According to the beta companion list, he is slated to be the opposite - a melee tank. I know all the screenshots of him with a ranged weapon are confusing.

Alright good to know. Can't get everything right on the show

Would make more sense for Qyzen to be more of a tanky companion for the consular for me. Especially if your building to be a healer.

"I may not agree with what you say, but i will give my life to defend your right to say it"
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Followers of Palawa Forum Index -> The Mind Meld Podcasts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum