Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Followers of Palawa Forum Index -> RP Characters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelmoon
Teras Kasi Palawan

Awarded:

re: Nolinez

Name: Nolinez
Race: Twilek
Nickname: Nol
Date of Birth: 4246 BBY

Height: 5,6
Weight: 140
Hair Color/ Style: Lekku
Facial Appearence: Rigid face, weathered
Eye color: Brown
Body Appearance: Slender build.
Home Planet: Coruscant
Current Residence: Hutta

Allegiance: Neutral (whoever pays most credits)
Profession: Smuggler (formely a dock worker)
Ship: Emrin
Armor/Clothes: Loose Clothing. Padding for comfort and protection.
Primary Weapon(s): Blaster (rapid fire)
Secondary Weapon(s): Second Blaster
Miscellaneous Item(s): Medpack, Scanner

Nolinez led a humble life as a dock worker attending the incoming and outgoing ships of Coruscant. The pay was good, especially if he did a good job. Of course, no person is without their turmoil. Nolinez's wife, Seliah, was taken into slavery by a rogue Mandalorian clan. Her whereabouts a mystery to Nolinez, and with a daughter to raise, his searches led to nothing. Time has passed, and with no sighting of her, Nolinez accepted the inevitable. Yet this newfound strength empowered a broken Nolinez, and his dedication to his daughter filled the void. Many will call what happened next to be the sign of an unlucky man. They would be right...

It was to be a normal day. The docks, buy the food, dinner, and bed. But the day was taking a long time to break. Leaving the front door of their home in the lower levels, Nolinez headed towards the Jedi Temple, where his daughter was being trained as a Jedi. The steps of the Temple, which had long become familiar, seemed weathered and heavy as Nolinez rose them to their summit. Reaching the top, a heavy hand slapped him on the shoulder:

''Sir. You can't enter the temple now''
grunted the voice from within the sheltered helmet.
''What? Why? I have to see my daughter.''
The armoured man itched his trigger finger.
''You have to go sir.''
''I will see my DAUGHTER!''
Nolinez raised his index finger to the man, who remained resolute. People began to turn as they walked by, a disruption at the Jedi Temple an absolute rarity. The armoured man nudged his rifle into Nolinez's side.
''You will leave. Now.''
''Why? What has happened?''
The man, who now appeared to be a mercenary after revelaing the absense of an insignia, lifted his helmet and nestled it under his arm before wiping his brow.
''A girl has gone missing. We think kidnapped.''
Nolinez's stomach dropped. The worst filled his head with images of a scared Emrin. He shook his head.
''Who? What girl? Tell me what girl?
''Her name....ah, what was her name?
A bead of sweat decended from the brow of Nolinez, staining the weathered ground. Complete incongrument.
''Tell me!''
''Emrin. Her name was Emrin. A young Twilek girl.''
Nolinez let his arms fall to his side. The mercenary could see the emptiness in his eyes, confirming the father of the poor girl.
''No...sir....I-''
''No! IT CAN'T!''
The strength of a determined father enabled Nolinez to charge through the mercenary towards the entrance to the temple. What lay before him was rubble, fire and death. He dropped to his knees. To this day, Nolinez can't explain why tears never formed. He felt it was anger. A stone wall from preventing an overflow. This anger was precious.

''Yes sir. Nearly there. Nolinez out.''
Flicking the comm switch, the weathered man lay back in his chair to gaze into open space.
''Your out there Emrin. Just wait.''
With a sigh, he rested his head in his hand. The journey to Ord Mantell was expected to last another half hour, so rest was a gift to preapre for the big wigs. A year on the job. It was common to see men abandon their careers to pursue smuggling. Yet none had the circumstances laid before Nolinez. She would be 10 now. If enough credits were to be made to free her from that disgusting Hutt, he would have to be quick...

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum